Bilingual Entrepreneurial Certificate
This certificate involves a series of lectures, workshops and networking events aimed at increasing the success of enterprises during their formation and early growth stages. The program is based on strong business planning concepts using a strategic framework focused on four strong elements relationship development, resource creation, cash flow management and contingency planning.
What makes our program different?
- A strong financing preparation component
- Individualized business coaching
- Chief instructor has over 15 years very practical experience and expertise in the areas of electrical engineering, economics, finance, real estate, small business management, nonprofit management and international business.
- The program is culturally relevant to address the needs of Latinos and Urban Entrepreneurs
- Participants have the opportunity to present their idea to a panel of commercial lenders and/or business owners.
Program topics include:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Business Ownership
- The Legalities of Starting a Business: formation, contracts, licenses, permits, trademarks and copyrights.
- Marketing Research: understanding your industry, your client and your competition
- Marketing Planning: overall, pricing, promotional, location selection and product/service value proposition
- Marketing Strategies and Tactics
- Budgeting and Understanding Costs
- Forecasting Sales and calculating break even point
- Financing Your Business
- Financial Statements
- Risk Planning
- Contingency Planning